MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverse Proxy Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running nginx as reverse proxy, using SERVER1 as the proxy, and server2 to actually host the site and all the files, but I'm having a problems with cookies, users cannot logout, and the online stats aren't working, because all the ips are showing up as server1 instead of there ips, is there a way to disable it so it checks the ips, or fix this issue completely.
It would be in the proxy settings probably. This isn't anything to do with MyBB really as it's default functionality.
Actually it is, since my Mybb isn't functioning properly, and i just got warned again, cool.
You need to configure the proxy to use the connecting IP's instead of the proxies. MyBB can't use an IP it doesn't know about. The proxy needs to hand over that information.

Once you've got that sorted if everything's still a problem then please give us a URL and a test account.
(2010-06-11, 02:54 PM)labra Wrote: [ -> ]and i just got warned again, cool.

Well if you don't do things to earn warnings, you won't get warnings. Quite simple really.
How would i fix the proxy settings though, I don't know much about them.
(2010-06-11, 05:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

Well if you don't do things to earn warnings, you won't get warnings. Quite simple really.

I didn't earn this one, go off topic post.
(2010-06-12, 02:37 AM)labra Wrote: [ -> ]How would i fix the proxy settings though, I don't know much about them.

Neither do we because this is the MyBB support forum.
(2010-06-12, 02:37 AM)labra Wrote: [ -> ]How would i fix the proxy settings though, I don't know much about them.
(2010-06-11, 05:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't earn this one

Breaking a rule that has it's own warning type isn't earning it?? Right.