MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I expand or stay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-06-11, 04:10 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing wrong with getting a wider skill set. If I were in the design game I'd try and install each major forum software on my localhost and design for all of them. The more services you offer, the more clients you get, and the more money you'll make.

As long as you keep your forums on MyBB that is. Wink

I'll always be true to MyBB. Smile

And thanks for the advice everybody. I think I'll expand my skillset.
You should also consider doing Wordpress design.
(2010-06-11, 04:36 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]You should also consider doing Wordpress design.

I've been on the fence about that. I don't want to be a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. Though there's a huge market out there for Wordpress.
(2010-06-11, 07:04 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-11, 04:36 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]You should also consider doing Wordpress design.

I've been on the fence about that. I don't want to be a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. Though there's a huge market out there for Wordpress.

That's true. It might be best to stick with forum design for now.
I think it's a good idea to expand if you're comfortable with the software. I've been putting off IPB skinning simply because I'm not a huge fan of skinning for it and vB is just out of the question. If you like themeing fro phpBB or others go for it!
Consider expanding, and when someone wants a custom design or plugin for the other software say "Sure, That will cost $250!, if you want it done with MyBB it only costs $49 since MyBB is so much easier to work with" Smile
(2010-06-12, 11:42 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Consider expanding, and when some wants a custom design or plugin for the other software say "Sure, That will cost $250!, if you want it done with MyBB it only costs $49 since MyBB is so much easier to work with" Smile

Haha Big Grin Nice way to reel people in to MyBB.
i mainly do mybb and VB skins, yet have done IPB, phpbb, smf, vanilla, metabb (relic i know) for clients
Imho always expand. The worst thing you can do business wise, is stand still.
Pages: 1 2