MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google bot and others..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my forum set up so guests can see all the forum,all the topics and threads but when they try to enter a topic they can not see it..i believe this effects the Bots as they can not see the topics an what is inside.if i am wrong correct me..i try to find a good SEO plugin to install so i want to know if that will have an effect too..

Anyway what i want to ask is if i can make the bots to have registered members priviledges sto they can see all the forum and topics fully..

If you get what i mean enlight me plz.thank you
Make googlebot a member...use the bot plugin and allow numerous bots access
You can change the usergroup guests are in but remember that if Google finds out you're doing this, and they do find out, they can lower your search rankings dramatically. They don't like it when you give search engines more access than what normal users (i.e. guests) see.
so i am in dillema??or i unblock the guests so bots have the same priviledges or i fall in rank??
(2010-06-11, 04:34 PM)Smoki1988 Wrote: [ -> ]I have my forum set up so guests can see all the forum,all the topics and threads but when they try to enter a topic they can not see it..i believe this effects the Bots as they can not see the topics an what is inside.if i am wrong correct me..i try to find a good SEO plugin to install so i want to know if that will have an effect too..

Anyway what i want to ask is if i can make the bots to have registered members priviledges sto they can see all the forum and topics fully..

If you get what i mean enlight me plz.thank you

the best option install a plugin named as addbot... it has almost every crawler

then make different group from admin cp..
named as spider/bots set the permission to them to view...
Then give the power from configuration to spider/bots group power...Smile