MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with a category display in theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I would like some help please. I am a little bit of a novice when it comes to mybb themes. When I write a description in the forum title the top section shows a bit of the default theme bellow it. I would like to know please how I can resolve this please. I have included a small image to demonstrate my problem. The section I am talking about is the category title and description area. The theme I am using is the EvoGen theme.

Thanks in advance.
Find .thead, change the background colour to the BOTTOM colour of your gradient image. So if it was #000000, change the background to #000000. It's just because the gradient isn't big enough.
(2010-06-11, 10:43 PM)Rozzy pid'518699 Wrote:Find .thead, change the background colour to the BOTTOM colour of your gradient image. So if it was #000000, change the background to #000000. It's just because the gradient isn't big enough.

Thank you for your reply.

I have looked at the css code for the global.css and the thead section and this is a bit of waht I have bellow. I was unable to find the bottom area like you suggested. I did try to change the background colour but the default still showed through.
[/code]
.thead{	background: #1A1A1A url(images/black/thead_bg.gif) top left repeat-x;
color: #c5c5c5;}.thead a:link {	color: #ffffff;	text-decoration: none;}.thead a:visited {	color: #ffffff;	text-decoration: none;}.thead a:hover, .thead a:active {	color: #00e5ff;	text-decoration: underline;}.tcat {	background: #0d0d0d;	color: #7CFC00;	font-size: 12px;}.tcat a:link {	color: #83F52C;}.tcat a:visited {	color: #83F52C;}.tcat a:hover, .tcat a:active {	color: #00e5ff;}.trow1 {	background: #0a0a0a;}.trow2 {	background: #0a0a0a;}.trow_shaded {	background: #ffdde0;}
You won't "find" it anywhere, you have to go on something like photoshop, use the colour picker tool and select the colour at the bottom.

Just set the part that says "background: #1A1A1A" to "background: #000000".
(2010-06-11, 11:13 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]You won't "find" it anywhere, you have to go on something like photoshop, use the colour picker tool and select the colour at the bottom.

If you look in the code, the background is set to #1a1a1a. If that's there, the blue should not show up. So it's a different problem.
(2010-06-11, 11:13 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]You won't "find" it anywhere, you have to go on something like photoshop, use the colour picker tool and select the colour at the bottom.

I know I would not find it. I used a tol that got the hex colour code for html and the #1A1A1A was the bottom colour code for that section so I changed the background and no change has happened.
Oooh, hmm, thats weird. Have you tried to contact the theme designer?
What you could do is add this code to the .thead class:
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
(2010-06-11, 11:24 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, hmm, thats weird. Have you tried to contact the theme designer?

Pointless. The theme is a total rip. He posted it on my forum and I removed it due to copyright violation.