MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox (Alan Crisp) Problem. Need Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB 1.4.13
Shoutbox 2.2

Installed 3 files as per Install instructions:
Plugin/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php to /inc/plugins/
Plugin/inc/languages/english/shoutbox.lang.php to /inc/languages/english/
Plugin/inc/languages/english/admin/shoutbox.lang.php to /inc/languages/english/admin/

ACP displays plugin. Installed and Activated. Settings are in Config as expected. However, Shoutbox does not appear anywhere in the Forum! Huh

This is the 2nd plugin I have tried unsuccessfully. Angry Wasted a week trying to install phpfreechat before finding out it doesn't work for MyBB > 1.2.
What shoutbox is it ?
Ive just installed that plugin on my test forum, it places a link on ur navbar to access ur shoutbox.
(2010-06-12, 01:14 AM)dunlop03 Wrote: [ -> ]What shoutbox is it ?
Ive just installed that plugin on my test forum, it places a link on ur navbar to access ur shoutbox.

Shoutbox 2.2 from Alan Crisp. By "navbar" you mean on browser? Using IE8. Nothing on MyBB. See attachments.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Look at my attachment , its visible using firefox.
(2010-06-12, 07:58 PM)dunlop03 Wrote: [ -> ]Look at my attachment , its visible using firefox.

Yours is visible in IE8, too. From my previous post attachment you can see the shoutbox link is not there. The Global template sets for shoutbox all seem to be there. See attachment.
I meant the link is displayed on my attachment, my attachment image was taking from a firefox browser. For some reason the link is not displaying on IE8. Contact the plugin author and let him know.
what skin are you using? this can happen if used wrong template
(2010-06-13, 11:45 AM)Malietjie Wrote: [ -> ]what skin are you using? this can happen if used wrong template

Just MyBB Master Style.
OK, I don't know what I did but the Shoutbox link is being displayed. However when you click on it it opens a small blank window and you can't do anything in it. Undecided Any ideas? Using IE8.
Not sure if this is any help but perhaps read this http://community.mybb.com/thread-72713.h...t=shoutbox
Pages: 1 2