MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My hosting Account got suspended just because of one plug-in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First time in my life my hosting account suspended just because of one plug-in. And that is Miss you plug-in. My host informed me that my account sending 1000 mails per user in a day.

I feel very bad, even though Its just for 6 hours, this effected my site badly. The respect for the side has gone down.

Please remove the plug-in from the mod or please place a warning in the plug-in.
Sad
That really sucks and i am sorry to hear that. For a big forum, probably not the best. I haven't had any issues with the plugin.... although my host is pretty good. He has said anything to me.....
Used the plugin in the past with no problems either?
Epic. So now you blame the plugin for your account getting suspended? It's your responsibility, you should know these things. There are certain limits.

What if you exceed your bandwidth, who would you blame? Users? for visiting your forum?
I am not blaming anybody, I am saying, its just because of the plug-in. I set it to send 1 mail per user in 30 days. How would I know its sending 1000 mail per user in a day.
I would blame your web host for not properly configuring their mail server.
If you got a large forum, either get a dedicated plan or set the plugin to mail less often.
Why do you want the plugin to be removed, if it does what it says it does. Tell your host what happened and they will unsuspended you surely.
(2010-06-12, 02:15 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I would blame your web host for not properly configuring their mail server.

That's what I was thinking the mail queue system should have handled this.
May I ask which company is behind this?

You may find your company has some kind of obscure resource usage policy which results in your suspension if you go over X amount of emails over X hours. Just a thought.
Pages: 1 2 3