MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I see if any of my plug-in sending any email or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like I installed miss you plug, and it was sending 1000 mails per user a day. And I was totally unaware of this. My hosting got suspended for this.

How can check who's sending email to users or pm.

This is my support thread after ages. LOL Blush
Maybe check the mail logs?
It it user mail log or system mail log?
Not all emails are logged I don't think; in the Tools & Maintenance section there's a log of all user sent emails, but the system mail log only logs failures. PM and thread/forum subscription emails don't get sent every time there's a new PM or post/thread, only one email is sent until you visit again, so there wouldn't be many of those unless you have hundreds of active members a day all getting PM and subscription alerts. I don't think you're the first person to have that plugin send loads of emails either.
So, you think that plug-in did't caused the problem? Even in my chit chat thread most saying that they haven't had any problem with the plug-in. Then how can I track how my users getting 1000 mails per day or who is sending it.

Note: I disabled Mass Mail and Miss You Email both task in Task manager.
I'm saying it was the plugin, other people using that plugin have had it send loads of emails too. This is one of the reviews:

Quote:If a user doesn't come online when he received his message, the plugin will send the message over and over again every day.

By default people can only send 5 emails per day to other, so unless you've raised that limit, they wouldn't be able to send 1000, unless 200 different people all sent 5, so that isn't the cause.

Disabling the mass mail task wouldn't do anything as that's for mass mail you've made yourself; leave the miss you email one deactivated and see if it happens again.
In future please include the feature to log every email, that would be help for the forum owners.
Trust me, your forum is not going to be sending out 1000 system emails in a single day on a forum your size.