MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show mybb forum contents on website index page ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ,

I want to show my mybb forum contents to my website index like latest thread from a particular board from my forum, my forum is installed in a separate directory like "forums" and i want to show the contents to my root index.php like http://www.mydomain.com/index.php on some blocks like side boxes on my index page to show the contents of my forum like latest threads.

please anybody help
Hi Blackworld,
If you know a bit about using functions, then you can easily do that with this:
Welcome to the MyBB Integrator / MyBB SDK / MyBB API
what is wrong with this code my global.php is in my forum folder and i have placed MyBB Integrator in the root of my website. wrote the below code but nothing showing up just a blank page.

<?php
define('IN_MYBB', NULL);
require_once '/home/user/public_html/forums/global.php';
require_once 'class.MyBBIntegrator.php';
$MyBBI = new MyBBIntegrator($mybb, $db, $cache, $plugins, $lang, $config);

// Following code fetches the latest active threads and shows the thread titles
$latest_active_threads = $MyBBI->getLatestActiveThreads(2, 5, true);
foreach ($latest_active_threads as $latest_active_thread)
{
echo $latest_active_thread['subject'].'<br />';
}
?>

i have seen this thing before with banner rotator script when ever i include any file from any separate directory like
<?php include directory/file.php; ?> it shows nothing but if the file is placed on the same place i mean for example on root it will work but why the include statement do not work when the file is in another directory ? is there any other statement or command to perform the same task ? i wonder how these forum scripts work when most of the files are placed in separate directories. Sad Anybody can solve this please ? i am not using jhoomla or any other cms for my site my index page is just a normal php page.My server's php version is 5.2.12