MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My database has disapeared?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I have just needed to reinstall MyBB because of a change to my site, and anyway I reinstall press on my database and go to the index of the site and all of my members have gone? Is there anyway of retrieving them or is it over?
(2010-06-12, 04:17 PM)Nick Madd Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have just needed to reinstall MyBB because of a change to my site, and anyway I reinstall press on my database and go to the index of the site and all of my members have gone? Is there anyway of retrieving them or is it over?

Do you have a database backup?
(2010-06-12, 04:18 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-12, 04:17 PM)Nick Madd Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have just needed to reinstall MyBB because of a change to my site, and anyway I reinstall press on my database and go to the index of the site and all of my members have gone? Is there anyway of retrieving them or is it over?

Do you have a database backup?

No I do not : (
Then you can't get your old database.
If you do not have a backup, there isn't really anything you can do to my knowledge.
Ask your host if they have it in thier daily back up
So you ran through the installer again, ignored the warning saying you'd already installed and that everything would be erased, and are now wondering where everything's gone...?? Reinstalling means starting with an empty database again. If you and your host don't have a backup then you would have just erased your forum.
(2010-06-12, 09:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So you ran through the installer again, ignored the warning saying you'd already installed and that everything would be erased, and are now wondering where everything's gone...?? Reinstalling means starting with an empty database again. If you and your host don't have a backup then you would have just erased your forum.

It gave me no warning, and I have received the backup of my forum, now how do I replace the Database with the backup?
You missed both of these??

[attachment=18578][attachment=18579]

This is what you see if you try and run the installer when you've already got a forum installed at that location. If you didn't get these then you wouldn't have had a forum installed, or your config.php would have been pointing to a different database.

But if you've got a database, go into phpMyAdmin, drop all the empty tables from the install, click the Import tab at the top, browse for your file.
(2010-06-13, 11:12 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You missed both of these??

This is what you see if you try and run the installer when you've already got a forum installed at that location. If you didn't get these then you wouldn't have had a forum installed, or your config.php would have been pointing to a different database.

But if you've got a database, go into phpMyAdmin, drop all the empty tables from the install, click the Import tab at the top, browse for your file.

Drop all empty tables?
Pages: 1 2