MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vbulletin 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I have a VB 4 forum which I really want to convert to MyBB. Problem is, the converter doesn't support it, yet. A lot of people have told me to just convert from VB 4-> phpBB -> MyBB, but I'd rather not.

Is VB 4 ever going to be compatible with MyBB?
It probably is going to be compatible. Maybe at some point in the 1.6 line. If it's really urgent then go ahead with the vB -> phpBB-> MyBB conversion. It's not that hard, just inconvenient.
Misread your post, yes I believe 16 will have an updated merger system to include the latest releases of phpBB, SMF, IP.Board and vBulletin
The merger is on hold for an update until 1.6. I've heard that the db changes for the forum part were pretty minor from vb4 to vb3. You may want to try doing a merge using the current module on your local host (you can still pull the vb db from the live site(or if you prefer download it and run both on the local host).

Also try contact ralgith he has been busy lately but is well known for converter modules.Wink
At some point but 1.6 is the priority for developers now.
I could help you out if you want. PM me so we can discuss this.
(2010-06-12, 10:28 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]I could help you out if you want. PM me so we can discuss this.

I don't need help, I'm capable of performing the conversion on my own. I just do not want to have to convert from three different software platforms and lose functionality each time.
How would you lose functionality? And, like I said try it with the vb3 converter. There have been reports that it works. If your not even willing to try then just wait.
(2010-06-12, 10:37 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]How would you lose functionality? And, like I said try it with the vb3 converter. There have been reports that it works. If your not even willing to try then just wait.

I shouldn't have used the word functionality. Maybe content? I once did a three way switch and we lost a bunch of posts, avatars and it really ended up being a mess. Plus, the forums were all out of wack and permissions needed to be overhauled. I know it's doable, but I'd rather just do a two way conversion and have some peace of mind.
Well this guy apparently was able yo do it: http://community.mybb.com/thread-68925-p...#pid509040
Pages: 1 2