MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some problem to convert from smf 1.1.11 to mybb 1.4.13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! This is my first post in this community Smile
First of all, please, sorry for my poor English Blush
-
Ok, i've try to convert this forum: http://darkwolf.altervista.org/ maked with latest smf 1* release (and with many mods) to latest mybb stable release: http://darkwolf.altervista.org/mybb/
-
1) I've set to show, in portal.php, 10 announcements from forumid=12 (news-board) but... it show only 6 topic with a really strange order;
2) Attachments has not been imported (see error log: http://darkwolf.altervista.org/script/re...69554.html );
3) Private Messages are badly: i've all inbox pm but i don't have "sent" pm (some track of this are presents in Tracking);
4) All banned and/or unactivated user are now regulars and activated members (this is so real badly) - see in log "User Groups: 0" (also if, in really, i can see a supermoderator in member list);
5) Post with multi-quote are now damaged with strange/inconsistent quote and truncated info eg: http://darkwolf.altervista.org/mybb/news...ml#pid1785 :|
6) All signature present strange character (more <br /> instead of a valid newline);
7) Avatar has not been imported;
8) All topics without any answer result with 1 replies (first post of any topics is considerate like a replies) :/
-
I've all this problem also if i test to convert in my local webserver) Sad
-
PS: I can test without problem all possible fix or beta release of merge system.

Thanks in advance for any answer, kind regards, DarkWolf Wink

---
Edit: after conversion all topics/posts as been set to 0 (no topics, no posts).
To fix i've run Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild Wink
You should post in the existing thread about this, Ryan Gordon the lead developer is looking into it.

And while your English isn't really good, it is at least understandable so thank you for the effort you put into it. It makes it easier to help you.
(2010-06-13, 02:14 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]You should post in the existing thread about this, Ryan Gordon the lead developer is looking into it.
Ok but... i'm sorry, i don't have found any thread about this (i've see and read only a topic for attachments problem)Sad
(2010-06-13, 02:14 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]And while your English isn't really good, it is at least understandable so thank you for the effort you put into it. It makes it easier to help you.
Thanks Smile
Yes, the other one is about the attachments only, but it could still keep them all in place.

Still, the Merger software is pretty much on hold while the development team works on MyBB 1.6. So unfortunately you'll probably have to suffer with SMF for awhile longer. Sorry Sad

I can help with one of your points though:
Point 8, Avatars: The Merger software isn't designed to bring over user avatars. This is a purposeful design decision. Users can easily re-add their avatars. Gallery Avatars can be copied manually from the SMF Galleries to the MyBB Galleries.
(2010-06-13, 01:29 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the other one is about the attachments only, but it could still keep them all in place.
Ah, ok, i put a "up" post there Wink
(2010-06-13, 01:29 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Still, the Merger software is pretty much on hold while the development team works on MyBB 1.6. So unfortunately you'll probably have to suffer with SMF for awhile longer. Sorry Sad
I think so too Undecided
(2010-06-13, 01:29 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]I can help with one of your points though:
Point 8, Avatars: The Merger software isn't designed to bring over user avatars. This is a purposeful design decision. Users can easily re-add their avatars. Gallery Avatars can be copied manually from the SMF Galleries to the MyBB Galleries.
Yes, i know, isn't a great problem (but, i think, is a good choice to convert all in the best possible mode).
-
My forum isn't plus a very little forum.
I can't convert if the conversion procedure cause all this problems Undecided
-
Maybe is best to wait mybb1.6 (or smf 2 final) before to decide if is best or not to convert.

Thank you very very much ralgith Shy
@ralgith: i've also fixed some little bug in template: (you can see directly some css fix in first post of my testboard).
And i've found a strange little bug in source code:
<blockquote><cite>Citazione:</cite>j<strong></strong>avascript
(an empty strong not present in other quote).
Best would be to wait for 1.6, and the updated Merger system that will be for 1.6 after its released.