MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why are the templates in the database? What is gained from that set-up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having the MyBB templates in the database must have some advantages, so...
What are they?
Wouldn't a more normal system (i.e templates / CSS in files) also have many advantages?
Its harder for people rip to rip the entire skin. Its easier access and its just all around more secure.
Agree, in addition, it's easier for people not familiar with coding to use.
(2010-06-15, 09:47 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Its harder for people rip to rip the entire skin. Its easier access and its just all around more secure.

(2010-06-15, 10:05 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Agree, in addition, it's easier for people not familiar with coding to use.

OK thanks for the knowledge; Now we need a html/CSS to MyBB theme converter. Smile
(2010-06-20, 12:47 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-15, 09:47 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Its harder for people rip to rip the entire skin. Its easier access and its just all around more secure.

(2010-06-15, 10:05 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Agree, in addition, it's easier for people not familiar with coding to use.

OK thanks for the knowledge; Now we need a html/CSS to MyBB theme converter. Smile

If someone made that i'd kiss their freaken butt.

No joking.
MyBB template system is one of the easiest ones out there, seriously. You just open the template and paste your HTML placing some *really* few variables to make it work. Then (or before that) you paste your CSS on the global stylesheet. Done... not sure how there's need for a "html/css" converter, unless you want a program to magically transform a bunch of random code into a MyBB theme Confused
I agree, I tried working with SMF and it was crazy as heck..
Makes for simpler plugin additions since you don't have to edit files.
I tried working with the PHPBB templating system and I wanted to curl up in a little ball and have a nice cry Undecided
I'm too scared to even try another forum software besides MyBB, vB and IPB.
Pages: 1 2