MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any possible way in your opinion to speed up your MyBB forum

(Also i'm kinda looking for detail, since i want to speed up mine, it's currently on a 1gb p/s connection)

/discuss
Get faster hosting.
Upgrade your internet connection.
No, Like MyBB and my site are hosted at the same company but MyBB is always fast for me, it's not my internet since i pay $70 a month, and my hosting is fast, 1gb per second, if you think thats not fast :/ but i'm looking for forum ways to do this.
If it's always fast for you what's the need to speed it up more? Undecided
Enable Gzip compression.
(2010-06-13, 03:24 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Enable Gzip compression.

Ah, beat me to it. Anyway, Gzip compression is probably the fastest way to speed up your site.
There are ways to increase performance but you wouldn't see a difference in less you have a huge forum. And, doesn't necessarily mean an increase in speed.

You could try cutting down on images used and using more css as that makes it so less things need to be downloaded and rendered. Also maybe try google chrome or something.
(2010-06-13, 03:21 AM)labra Wrote: [ -> ]1gb per second, if you think thats not fast :/

That means nothing if your bandwidth and resources (cpu and ram) are shared among a few thousand other users. I would get a VPS.
Yeah but 1gb per second connection speed is pretty ok if you ask me.
Pages: 1 2 3