MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Error When Moving Hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently tried to move hosts and encounter a 404 error whenever i click on a thread. I disabled all plugins download db, uploaded db and downloaded then uploaded files and edited config.php. The url is www.gaminginsanity.net however it may have not propagated for you so you can use http://208.115.210.210/~gamingin/ if you see that a plugin is enabled.
I don't get any 404 errors when viewing a thread. Confused
Have you got FlagFox installed. Cause you could still be viewing the old host.

I closed the board on the old host now.
FlagFox isn't installed at all
Now I see the 404's.
Disable the MyBB Rewrite system and name .htaccess to htaccess.txt. Your host probably doesn't have mod_rewrite enabled.
Disabled the system but still doesn't work, asked them to enable it but they need to get their sys admin to do it. I'll update once they do thanks.
No, the system is still showing as enabled for me. URL's are rewriting from forumdisplay.php to forum-idhere.html .

You can disable the MyBB Built in Rewrites here: AdminCP >> Configuration >> Server Optimisation >> MyBB Rewrite System

Also, make sure the showthread.php file exists on your server.
Done. Thanks for the help I have finally got it working. You are one of the best Mybb support helpers and have posted on all the support threads I have ever made.
Smile
I'm just naturally fast to respond lol.