MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I sure hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

I am trying to install MyBB on my home webpage. Here is the configuration.

Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
IIS
PHP Version 4.4.2
MySQL Version 5

The MyBB Install program runs fine. When I get to the Database Configuration screen and fill out the info requested, I get the following error....

----------------

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 65.41.229.25 with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

----------------

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error? I am new to MySQL so I am fairly certain I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

David Rockey
Heloo there,
On your sql server, you should have created a database !! its name should be used as data base name
also , you should have created a user and password with full privilage for this data base!! so you should use them also in the installation process.

regards
I did all that. I created the user and database (Catalog in MySQLAdmin) and I gave the user full priviledges to this database.

Based on the error, it looks like I am not able to log into the MySQL server.

Thanks

David
heloo there

please provide me with the info you are filling, and their corespondence on ur server (all of them)
btw have u got any table prefix?
many regards
Here is the info I am providing for the Database Configuration

Database Engine MySQL (Default)
Database Host localhost
Database Username news
Database Password mybbnews
Database Name newsbb
Table Prefix mybb_ (Default)

In MySQL using the MySQL Administrator, I created the database and then the user listed above. Then I gave the user all priviledges to that database.

MySQL Administrator logs in and works just fine so I know MySQL is working. I am sure there is something stupid and simple that I am doing wrong.
Heloo there

sometimes u need to put the user name and the db name, with a prefix , in ur case it is mybb_

so try first , and database name with prefix, if didn't word, then also add a prefix to the username

regards
OK... Here's what I tried....

First I added the prefix to the database name in the Database Configuration screen. Same results.

Then I tried it by adding the prefix to the username and the database with the same results.

Then I went to MySQL Administrator and created a new user called mybb_news and a new database called mybb_newsbb. Using these new settings I still got the same results.

You can find my setup program at http://news.rockeyroad.net/install if you'd like ot take a look.

Thanks

David
Well have u made the table prefix mybb_ when making the settings in MySQL Administrator ? coz it should be the same as u put it over there
for some hosts, they provide u with the table prefix that u should use
regards
Thanks for your help... I'll have to look at it again later when I have some time. I was really hoping there was a quick and easy answer to the problem.

David
I take it you got it to work, considering the forum is up and running? Wink
Pages: 1 2