MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Validation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!
We students are planning to open a forum for our college students. So we would like to test mybb software first before going for original site.
We registered ssjec07.co.cc for 1 year for free and we registered at xtreemhost.com with free webspace and mysqli server.
Everything is ok but i have to disable email validation option through admin cp and set it to activate instantly because when my friend registers, he/she is not getting any email to his registered email account that should contain info on activating his/her account.
I cannot put admin activation coz i will not be online 24/7 to activate accounts.
I have gone through http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mail
And it says "Mail was sent by PHP"..
Don't know the problem.
And if an activation email is not going then what about the people who forgets their password and tries to reset their password. This is a big problem.
Help me out..
Note : PHP Sendmail is Enabled.
1) Is it possible its being blocked by the email provider? Try using gMail or AOL.
2) Have you tried using SMTP main instead?
"activate instantly" means that there is no validation and no email.
(2010-06-14, 12:11 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]"activate instantly" means that there is no validation and no email.

yeah! I know that. I have kept that for the time being because Email Activation is not working.
(2010-06-14, 12:09 PM)alphonso Wrote: [ -> ]i have to disable email validation option through admin cp and set it to activate instantly because when my friend registers, he/she is not getting any email to his registered email account that should contain info on activating his/her account.

(2010-06-14, 12:11 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]"activate instantly" means that there is no validation and no email.
Wink
(2010-06-14, 12:11 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]1) Is it possible its being blocked by the email provider? Try using gMail or AOL.
2) Have you tried using SMTP main instead?

Can you explain in detail ?
Hey,

Sometimes an email provider will block the emails as they believe it is spam or contains a virus, have you tried using a different email provider when signing up for a forum account?
(2010-06-14, 12:14 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-14, 12:09 PM)alphonso Wrote: [ -> ]i have to disable email validation option through admin cp and set it to activate instantly because when my friend registers, he/she is not getting any email to his registered email account that should contain info on activating his/her account.

Wink

I did that after testing email validation. I changed settings because two of my friends did not got validating email to their respective email accounts.
(2010-06-14, 12:18 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

Sometimes an email provider will block the emails as they believe it is spam or contains a virus, have you tried using a different email provider when signing up for a forum account?

Yep. I tried that but no use.
Do i need to keep anything in this field. "Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() " ?
(2010-06-14, 12:09 PM)alphonso Wrote: [ -> ]I have gone through http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mail
And it says "Mail was sent by PHP"

Did you actually receive the email??