MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you use the Debugg Info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hope i am allowed to post this here ConfusedConfused

But, i want to know - does anyone use the debug info that is in the MyBB Default theme footer????

I don't use. I remove it for all of the themes. I just want to know if people do use it and see what sort of responses i get from the question.
Yes I do
I know this may sound stupid, but what exactly is it used for? It is an easy way for support team, as you just copy paste it?
I'm not sure what it is for - maybe the support team to tell us.
It's useful if you want to do benchmarks for example (should not be done on shared hosts), it's also useful to track how many queries are being run, etc
I'd use it if it looked nice, but I don't use it currently.
Basically it tells you if your pages are being generated slowly and how much of the queries are using SQL directly (instead of cache).
(2010-06-14, 01:00 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]It's useful if you want to do benchmarks for example (should not be done on shared hosts), it's also useful to track how many queries are being run, etc

This.

I use it sometimes but its not something that anyone would use every day. The biggest use is probably assessing the efficiency of plugins (eg. see how many extra queries they are executing vs. how useful they are).
(2010-06-14, 12:45 PM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]I hope i am allowed to post this here ConfusedConfused

But, i want to know - does anyone use the debug info that is in the MyBB Default theme footer????

I don't use. I remove it for all of the themes. I just want to know if people do use it and see what sort of responses i get from the question.

what do you mean remove it? you don't need to edit any themes/templates, just turn off debugging in the ACP. And only admins can see it anyway, even when it is on.

I just leave it on all the time. I use it to see how many queries are being run per page. Then I can tweak as needed
Got no use for it right now, so I just disable it.
Pages: 1 2 3