MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User permissions and user groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have created several user groups (apart from the existing ones) and assigned them different permissions.

In one of the custom user groups, I've set the permission such that they are able to delete their own posts. But still the corresponding users (with primary group as custom group and secondary group as nil) are not able to delete their posts.

ie:

( primary user group + custom user groups = works / not works)

"registered" + custom group = delete works
custom group + registered = delete works
custom group + nil = delete doesn't work .

what's odd is that "registered" group has lesser privileges than the custom group.

any idea on how to resolve this ?

---

Another question, will the group promotions apply only to users joining after the group promotion is created or to the existing users too ?

Details:

site : www.indiachatforum.net
version : 1.4.13
Can you printscreen the permissions of the custom group?? In the forums you're testing in, have you set custom permissions??

Group promotions will affect people active within the time between when the task is run and when it last run I believe... that's to stop you having a forum with tens or hundreds of thousands of members and it updating people who haven't visited in ages.