MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there such a CMS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, up until now, I've mostly been using SSI includes and text files as a "CMS" for my clients who require websites. I'm starting to realise that this is an extremely lame way to go about it. I do it like this because I'm not a fan of most CMSs out there, I don't like dealing with their stupid template system, I'd rather just build the site how I want.

I've recently came across "CushyCMS", after reading this, I've decided it's EXACTLY what I've been wanting for years.

BUT.....

I don't really like how CushyCMS is hosted on their servers, and they make you pay $30 a month just to whitelabel it (I'd care less if it didn't have such a stupid name)

Now, I ask you because I found nothing in Google. Is there something that uses a similar templating system as this (none), but runs on your own server and is preferably FOSS?

Thanks.
Well it doesn't take long to write your own using a database and an open source WYSIWYG editor, maybe look into that. I have my own that I use when Joomla would be overkill.
http://www.wolfcms.org/

I would imagine that would work since it has per a page layouts.
Check out CuteNews if you are looking for something simple for posting news or modifying pages. You just specify how you want the content to output on a page. I use it all the time. The developers no longer support it and have distributed a copy of the latest release without any copyright on the pages. Also, data is stored as text files on the webserver, not in an SQL database which makes transferring and backing up content VERY easy. It may be too simple for you, but it is worth checking out.
Oh you could try Unify, I really like it. You can host it yourself, and they bill you per website instead of using a time basis.
MyBB? It's template structure is perfect for any CMS if you're not bothered about fancy editors and rather hard code HTML...
i find drupal to be the best cms easy to make themes it just realy simple so it realy gives you full contoal over everythink and its just simple. moudles are not that hard to make if you know what you are doing as well. so its probaly the best cms out there in my view not an fan off joomla. so give it an try
(2010-06-15, 07:53 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB? It's template structure is perfect for any CMS if you're not bothered about fancy editors and rather hard code HTML...

With the right code modifications, the Portal can be transformed into a functional CMS with relative ease.