MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error 2002
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Look i have been running around in circles for hours trying to find a fix for this my server company wont do anything as its a dedicated server.

http://www.rollercoastermad.com/forum/
http://www.merlinmania.com/forum/

there both my mybb forums and just stopped working randomly :/ any way to fix it?
not a MyBB problem directly. Looks like your config.php files have been edited or your DB info was changed at your host, your databases could be gone or renamed or MySQL is down on the host
You need to ask your host about it, issue with the MySQL server.
awww well if its down how to i get it to come back up? or dont you know?

config and DB has not changed at all, its all the same that file it talkign about is not there in the directy though :/
(2010-06-15, 04:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You need to ask your host about it
if its an unmanaged dedicated server then you need to figure it out on your own as it's not a MyBB problem, but if its a managed server, your host is dropping the ball.

We might be able to help some, but its not official MyBB support. What is your server running? IIS, *nix? Assume you have a control panel? Which one? Do you know how to SSH into your server and gain root access?
hiya mate got it working in the end, just for you to put a section in wiki i will explain everything,

i have centos with direct admin.
i had to use ssh with these commands:
# killall mysqld
# /sbin/service mysqld start 2>&1
Starting MySQL SUCCESS!

^^^^ had to use ssh because there were still some bits on sql still running and direct admin could not start it for that reason :/

but thanks for your help guys, sadly its a unmanaged server so they don't give much help they gave me pointer on how i could fix it but mainly had to use google once they said it needed restarted
glad you got it fixed. if you had not figured it out and had answered my post above, i would have suggested the same.

now start keeping notes on how to fix these things and restart services, etc. lots to learn on an unmanaged box