MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it just me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i have noticed people making post service threads and i was wondering what is a community board if you have to "pay" your members to post? Does anyone feel the same way cause i just think thats wrong.
It's wrong when people say they'll "only do it on an active board". The point of paid posting is to fill up an empty/dead forum. If you already have members, please them, and they'll bring you more.
The point is to make your forum look active so other people will join, however, I'm not too sure how effective it is.
I think if you have to pay people to post on your forum you're doing something wrong. People should want to participate in your community because it's fun.
(2010-06-15, 07:51 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you have to pay people to post on your forum you're doing something wrong. People should want to participate in your community because it's fun.

I couldn't agree any more with you.
(2010-06-15, 08:02 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-15, 07:51 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you have to pay people to post on your forum you're doing something wrong. People should want to participate in your community because it's fun.

I couldn't agree any more with you.

but a little "bumping" by buying posts does not hurt anyone Angel
I see no problem at all. I myself would never do it, instead I'm the one making posts. If I need posts, I'll ask my friends and make a few post exchanges.
People often miss the point of paid posts. Realistically it's not a way to gain direct members. However indirectly you're creating site content that may help you get indexed and ranked by search engines. That's key to getting fresh eyeballs to your site.

If you think buying 1000 posts is enough to get you started you're wrong but there is no reason it shouldn't be part of your overall strategy to kickstart the community.
It is a good way to kickstart a community as Labrocca says, but I agree with faviouz, I'm also just the one making posts.

Me and faviouz got lucky, two posting requests in two days, but faviouz didn't get paid. :|