MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [how to] Do NOT display certain subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am new at using MyBB.
I currently have them with subforums listed in the index. However, in one certain forum, I do NOT want the subforums inside it to be listed. For example:
1. Category One
Forum 1 (sub forums: blah1 blah2 blah3)
Forum 2 (sub forums: blah)
2. Category Two
Forum 1 (sub forums: rid1 rid2 rid3)

The subforums with the names Rid, I want to remove. At the same time, i would like to keep the blah subforums listed.

Does anyone have any clue how to not list certain sub forums.

Please answer!! =]
Thank you
you can managed your Forum in admin panal:

Click on the top : "Forum Management"
chose anny forum Option Button you can delete it or just renomie.

you can Also add New Forums and Catigorie

good Luck
in the ACP Forums & Posts > Forum Management area, set the permissions for the subforums to not allow viewing for the groups you want to limit.
@haytoch ;
No, I want the forums to be there. But not listed on the main page / index.

@pavemen ;
No, I want everyone to be able to view it. But not listed on the main page / index.

Example:
Click Here to See Image Example

The subforum highlighted FIRST, I want to keep it there and it'll be viewable and you can see it when you click on Test Subcat. But I do not want it to be listed on the main page/index.

The subforums highlighted second and third, i DO want to keep listed. And it will still be viewable on the main page/index AND when you click on the categories it belongs in.

I want the only way to see the subforum named Forum (highlighted first) is to go inside the category like so:
Click to view image example

Thank you for help.
Anyone please continue to try to help me please!
not possible without a plugin and possibly not that easy to code. you can limit the number of subforums shown in the index but its a global setting and not per forum.
okayy, thank you!!
thanks for clarifying.
=]