MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The captcha code on the MyBB forums is frustrating the potential members, people were complaining they cannot register accounts and tried the captcha entry several times before giving up. So I had to register a test account and it took me many try to get the captcha code to work.

The problem is, this captcha code is case sensitive, and many under-case letters like w, c, s, z, etc. are just as large as some of the upper case like D, F, etc. You simply cannot distinguish between under-case and uppercase. This is getting frustrating.

I wonder, can I disable the captcha feature, or make it not case sensitive? I know it's safer with the captcha code but I am getting less patient with it...
AdminCp => Configuration => General => CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting

[attachment=18604]

Please keep in mind the underlined text though
It's not case sensitive, it'd be daft to have it case sensitive. It uses checks lowercase values:

if(my_strtolower($imagestring) == my_strtolower($mybb->input['value']))

[attachment=18609]

Alternated the case of all the letters and it's fine.

I've hardly ever seen a MyBB CAPTCHA that I haven't been able to do... what's your URL?? There's probably something else causing them to be hard to decipher.
edited
I just tried 10, they were all fine, accepted what I put in no matter what the case was. Not really sure what to suggest, it's displaying as it should be and I refreshed it a load of times and didn't get any that were unintelligible. There's two reCAPTCHA plugins on the Mods site if the standard one is too challenging.