MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG! Van's Warped Tour's website error in my favor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found something really awesome! One of my forums is listed on the Van's Warped Tour's main website! For some reason they list my website on the band's "Official Site" which would explain why my traffic and registrations are increasing so much! Awesome mistake on their part for me! Big Grin
Linky? Toungue (to the Van's tour page, can't seem to find it Sad)
http://vanswarpedtour.com/warpedtour/band.asp?xid=20342

^ Thats a link directly to the band's page (Eyes Set To Kill). As you can see, the "Official Site" is linking to my site (EyesSetToKill.net).

I did send an e-mail to the band's manager to get the problem fixed since I feel guilty for taking spotlight off of the band since they aren't very big and deserve all the exposure they can get (plus I was trying to sell the site and the abnormal traffic wouldn't be fair to the buyer by making it look busier than it normally is).
That's scary and to be honest if they make it big they can come after you for TM infringement. There is serious brand confusion.

IMHO...you should try and contact band manager to get approval. It's likely in this early stage of their career they might give you the permission. Heck you might convince them to make you the official forums.
Hey Joe, are you going to any of the warped shows?
(2010-06-16, 02:21 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That's scary and to be honest if they make it big they can come after you for TM infringement. There is serious brand confusion.

IMHO...you should try and contact band manager to get approval. It's likely in this early stage of their career they might give you the permission. Heck you might convince them to make you the official forums.
I contacted the band's manager and he was cool about it...
Quote:Thanks you rock

I should see if they want to buy the domain since it's getting a lot of traffic now and it's listed as the first result on most of the search engines.

(2010-06-16, 04:45 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe, are you going to any of the warped shows?
Probably not, last time I went it was entirely to hot and my friend had to go to the hospital so it wasn't that enjoyable.
If you can get it in writing.
Haha.. I love that band. They aren't really mainstream, but that's what's great about them Toungue