MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The AWESOMEST Project I've Ever Done!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-06-16, 11:42 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you code it in PHP so it can be used on any server that can run MyBB? Smile

+1.

ASP(.net) is annoying. Setting up mono, its a pain.
(2010-06-16, 11:42 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Can you code it in PHP so it can be used on any server that can run MyBB? Smile

+2 Chances are people using MyBB aren't going to have ASP set up.
Well, for now, it is a Magellis Networks exclusive, and will not be released. A public version is on the way in the future, and will be developed in PHP.
(2010-06-17, 12:49 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]ASP(.net) is annoying. Setting up mono, its a pain.
Well, I have a Windows host, so I did it on there.
And 99% of shared hosting don't have Mono installed because you can't monitor/track processes by individual users causing a lot of potential for abuse. Sad
(2010-06-17, 01:27 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]And 99% of shared hosting don't have Mono installed because you can't monitor/track processes by individual users causing a lot of potential for abuse. Sad

Yea we went through that. :/
(2010-06-17, 01:27 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]And 99% of shared hosting don't have Mono installed because you can't monitor/track processes by individual users causing a lot of potential for abuse. Sad
That's why? Huh. Didn't know that.

Oh, and my script isn't compatible with Mod_Mono, because Mono doesn't support ASP.NET Authentication.
I gave up on ASP.NET. Too hard to connect to the database. If something as simple as connecting to the database is a complicated mess of complications, other things are going to be 100X harder too.

I just transferred to a Linux package. Same price, and I still get my 3 domains Wink

I hate their control panel with a burning passion!
http://faq.1and1.com/image/NewControlPan...%20Top.jpg
Pages: 1 2