MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Images work if you look at them directly, if you then refresh the forum they will show, but clearing your cache will make them break again. Ask your host if they know what might be causing this.
(2010-06-19, 11:02 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Images work if you look at them directly, if you then refresh the forum they will show, but clearing your cache will make them break again. Ask your host if they know what might be causing this.

This is a fresh install with a fresh database.
Yes I can see that, but there's something weird about how images are being served, they only work if accessed directly.
what do you mean "directly" "
we just uploaded SMF with the same issue, no gif's.
if this is server side, any ideas what it could be?
Like this:

http://newtechhorizon.com/NTHforum/images/logo.gif

This works, image shows, but they don't show on the site.

I don't know what it could be, hence me suggesting to ask your host about it. Something has been setup incorrectly so they only show when you visit the URL directly, but they don't sow when loaded in HTML.
Im checking with my host provider now. Thanks for the help, Im sure I'll be asking more questins if we cant get this to work
OK guys, found the problem, the htaccess got screwed up by the "no hot link" module.
I wanted to let you guys know in case anyone else has this issue.
Please make sure you have your "no hot link" module configed correctly before install and activate.
If not, it will mess up the HTaccess, and this is bad.

Thanks for the help MattRogowski and thanks to our host provider for finding this issue.
Hi all,

I reinstalled 1.6 and everything worked fine. But the next morning i got the same error. Text is ok but images are not showing.

http://h4u.mensenhelpenelkaar.nl

I know a little bit about mybb but that htaccess mumbo jumbo is a bit beyond my knowledge.

The strange thing is that the images in my admin panel are good.

What i have done so far is change the cookie path and forum location into the -wrong- adress saving it and then corrected it to the -right- adress and saving it. Did not work.

Could superhero Matt take a look at my question?

Thanks Matt.

Sebastiaan.
Images are showing OK for me, what images are you expecting to see that you aren't??
Hi Matt,

It solved itself somehow. I do know that I saved the css file with some changes. Then I pushed default and changed again.

Don't know what was bothering me. Do you?

Thanks,

Sebastiaan.
Pages: 1 2