MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inherit group permissions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible or designated to inherit group permissions? I want to create a new user group but only set a group image to the new group, nothing else.

Ok, I can copy a group and their current permissions but I don't want to manage dozens of groups if change a permission setting for the original group in the future.

Or is there another solution to set just an (group) image to some users?
If not sure if that's possible, I looked around the ACP but couldn't find anything.
Hm, very sad. So I have to handle a lot of groups (permissions) because I just want to set an image to a few users.

Maybe an idea for a future release of MyBB: Inherit group permissions
Submit it to http://ideas.mybboard.net/ this could also be solved if you were able to add images to an separate user in their profile.
Well, you could alternatively create a group and just set it as people's display group. Permission for their primary groups apply
I think Nayar's alternative idea would be best to go with, nice thinking. Smile
(2010-06-23, 12:18 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]I think Nayar's alternative idea would be best to go with, nice thinking. Smile

Smile