MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: prototype.lite.js
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When does the forum need prototype.js (default script), and when is prototype.lite.js sufficient? There's a huge difference in filesize.
I don't think MyBB uses the prototype a lot besides the toggles and dropdown menu's and the prototype.js is only 76KB so unless your web host only gives you 2MB for diskspace I wouldn't worry.
Well, I'm not asking because of the disk space, because obviously that doesn't matter. I ask because it isn't the same to transfer 75KB as to transfer 24KB. The question is related to user experience (download time) not bandwidth.
prototype.lite.js is included with MyBB, but prototype.js is downloaded by default.
Nope I think you'll find prototype.js is included with MyBB. Look in the jscripts folder Smile
Both are included in MyBB, but the full one is downloaded by default.
Where are you finding that it downloads from somewhere else?
You can always change it anyway....
Let me try to explain it again:

MyBB includes in the folder /jscripts the files:
prototype.js
prototype.lite.js
prototype.uncompressed.js

In the HTML files, it always uses prototype.js My question is if prototype.lite.js doesn't include all the required functions.
I know that I can change it, but that only makes sense if changing it won't break anything.
Oh sorry I thought you meant it was downloading it from a different website. I get you now.

I'm not actually sure what it's used for tbh. Wait for a dev to answer this one.
I'm pretty sure either would work fine. Doesn't appear to be included in 1.6 though.
prototype.lite.js was used in MyBB 1.2, deprecated in MyBB 1.4 and removed in MyBB 1.6
Pages: 1 2