MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to lock a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-06-17, 03:59 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]In your ACP go to Forums & Posts -> Edit the forum -> and edit the permission for guests on the bottom.

(2010-06-17, 04:11 PM)haytoch Wrote: [ -> ]ACP Forums & Posts > Forum Management area, set the permissions for the subforums to not allow viewing for the groups you want to limit.

(2010-06-17, 04:21 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You will need a plugin, try looking in the mod database. I know there is one that exists.

(2010-06-17, 04:21 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCp>configuration>setting>Forum Home Options>hide private forums>off

(2010-06-17, 04:35 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-17, 04:29 PM)rampuriya Wrote: [ -> ]not working...
u are experts can't solve my little problem??
below of forums there is an icon forum is locked...
which means this can be done...
have you tried what i said?

Go here and try to access "My drafts" : http://nayarweb.co.cc/forum/index.php
Is this what you want?
You are all talking utter rubbish and didn't even answer the OP's question.
He wanted to make it so the forum is not postable. I have no idea why you are telling him to use plugins when it is a default feature, as Polarbear stated.
(2010-06-17, 04:29 PM)rampuriya Wrote: [ -> ]not working...
u are experts can't solve my little problem??
below of forums there is an icon forum is locked...
which means this can be done...

A locked forum is completely different. There is an option in forum management to lock a forum.
(2010-06-17, 06:26 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You are all talking utter rubbish and didn't even answer the OP's question.
He wanted to make it so the forum is not postable. I have no idea why you are telling him to use plugins when it is a default feature, as Polarbear stated.
Are you sure?
(2010-06-17, 03:51 PM)rampuriya Wrote: [ -> ]so that guests can not browse these forums & they have to register to browse these sections
polar in this way guests are still available to see my forum!!
i want to lock it so that unregistered users can not see the posts inside a forum which i have locked..
Just lock the topics off from them, one by one, by making it not viewable
(2010-06-18, 01:47 PM)Malietjie Wrote: [ -> ]Just lock the topics off from them, one by one, by making it not viewable

You can't do that anyway. Please don't give users support if you don't know what your doing.

In the forum permissions click on 'Set custom permissions' on the far right. Keep can view forum ticked and untick can view threads.
Pages: 1 2