MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different group/theme icons per theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was a way to have a different set of group icons per theme?

For example say I had a redish theme and had group icons like this - [Image: team-support.png] is there a way I could have a green theme and have the buttons as green? Just to ensure everything fits in nicely Smile
Greetings

Yes, ifyou do it self it is possible, upload it to your skins image directory
Yeah but how exactly?

Let's say one of my folders is 'red theme' and the other 'green theme'. I have a red and green support team image in each of these folders however when I'm asked to enter the URL for the group image I get this:

Group Image
Here you can set a group image which will show on each post made by users in this group. Please use {lang} to represent the user's chosen language if translated group images are available

I can only enter one image. Is there a way I can change this so I can set a different group image per theme?
You cant do it like that, you can only use one image on a time per group, you may be able to do it in html coding of the template
Uhh okay thankyou.
This maybe possible with some sort of plugin...
Ah okay thankyou, I'll request it.
Actually, now that I am thinking, if you type in that link, it should change automatically?
Well I'm quite accustomed to vBulletin and am creating a secondary forum on MyBB.
I know on vbulletin there is a way you can set a variable image folder in the url, let's presume the code for this is 'themeimgfolder ie: '$themeimgfolder/adminicon.gif' or something. So it could be possibly coded that way if there's a MyBB equivalent.

'Actually, now that I am thinking, if you type in that link, it should change automatically?' - I'm not sure what you mean by that?
See what putting {$theme['imgdir']} in instead of 'images' in the path does. No idea if it'll work or not but if it's possible by default it'd be something like that.