MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High Server Load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. The server load is extremely high for my forum and I dont know why. A few days ago it was really low but today I have seen very high numbers. Its been over 70 all day and has even hit 120 a few times. How do I reduce this?
Are you on a shared host?? I believe that server load applies to the entire server, i.e. all accounts, yours and others, and is only reliable if your forum is literally the only thing running, otherwise it's largely irrelevant.

If it continues, ask your host if they can pinpoint where the high load is originating; may not be anything to do with your account.

That's all assuming you're on shared hosting of course.
(2010-06-18, 09:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a shared host?? I believe that server load applies to the entire server, i.e. all accounts, yours and others, and is only reliable if your forum is literally the only thing running, otherwise it's largely irrelevant.

If it continues, ask your host if they can pinpoint where the high load is originating; may not be anything to do with your account.

That's all assuming you're on shared hosting of course.

My forum is hosted off of SiteFrost. So I have nothing to do with it?
Well, it physically could be yours, but it's unlikely. The more sites that are hosted on the same server, the higher the load. What's your URL??
Hello, I am a ex sitefrost Staff member, The high server load is being caused due to other people abusing there accounts and to recent hardware failure. As you may see sitefrost is a big website hosting many people for free (its a Post to Host site). Unfortunately people do not follow rules and abuse of the server putting alot of load, we also have people load the server without knowing. Please excuse us on behalf of sitefrost, as Mybb has nothing to do with the server load, this problem should be fixed real soon since Sitefrost is replacing damaged hardware and banning Accounts that are putting this load on the server.

--
Blazendevil2
It's shared hosting and SiteFrost is free hosting so they probably cramp several thousand clients on a server. I suggest you to get paid hosting if your forum is becoming slow.