MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requests forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've posted this before i think. We need more moderation there. Its become a mix between Showcase and Chit-Chat.

I'm not excluding myself from the problem. I know i am not helping. Though then again, some people's replies are just too stupid not to reply too. Though again, i shouldn't regardless i'm not on trial.

So can we up the moderation there so it serves it purpose, and not turns into a Showcase/Chitchat?

For example someone will say thiss

Hey everyone, i have a template i'd like to sell here.

[attachment 1234567890]

I'm looking for 12 dollars.

First response will be...

Thats not worth 12 dollars, i wouldn't pay 2 dollars.

Second.

Its not that bad, though i don't want it.

then back and fourth.

I'm i the only one that thinks we should let him/her fail on their own?

Or better yet

I'm selling http://www.XXXXXX.XX

I'm looking for about 30 bucks.

first 134234523423 responses

I'd sad to see that go, good luck!

Yea. So to state again, i personally think we need to up moderation.

And because i know this community has more trolls then a freaken T.V. show called trollz, i ask that we try for once, to remain civil, post your thoughts, and refrain from just complete retarded comments. I did it, so you should be able to aswell.
(2010-06-19, 12:15 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not excluding myself from the problem. I know i am not helping. Though then again, some people's replies are just too stupid not to reply too.

Quote of the friggin' year IMO. People ask the stupidest questions and showcase the most unprepared of boards half the time, and it kills me (as well as you too it seems) if I don't make an epic troll response Toungue
(2010-06-19, 12:22 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-19, 12:15 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not excluding myself from the problem. I know i am not helping. Though then again, some people's replies are just too stupid not to reply too.

Quote of the friggin' year IMO. People ask the stupidest questions and showcase the most unprepared of boards half the time, and it kills me (as well as you too it seems) if I don't make an epic troll response Toungue

But we should be getting warnings for that. And we aren't.
(2010-06-19, 12:23 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

We should both we banned right now. But we aren't. Confused
(2010-06-19, 12:32 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]

Truthfully yes we should.
I'll keep an eye on the requests forums.
(2010-06-19, 12:32 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

Examples?

We're writing up some moderation guidelines/policies so that would help in the way we shape it.

Ryan
(2010-06-19, 01:28 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-19, 12:32 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

Examples?

We're writing up some moderation guidelines/policies so that would help in the way we shape it.

Ryan

Examples for what? Our tr0llz?
I believe there are plans to "redesign" that forum as there have been issues obviously, though I'm not sure the plans or when this will happen. The thing is that it wouldn't be doing any good to totally disallow discussion there (ie. only allow the OP in their threads) because sometimes the constructive criticism is necessary, the problem is that a. the OP's don't accept the criticism and instead take it personally and b. the people giving the criticism continue to argue.

I don't think this would be a practical to make an actual rule but I it's best for people who have feedback to give to make one post with that feedback then leave it. Just let the OP make what they want from that feedback, if enough different people give that same feedback then they will probably see your point.
(2010-06-19, 02:11 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this would be a practical to make an actual rule but I it's best for people who have feedback to give to make one post with that feedback then leave it. Just let the OP make what they want from that feedback, if enough different people give that same feedback then they will probably see your point.

I think thats a good rule, so why not enforce it now?
Pages: 1 2 3