MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fresh MyBB Install shows....nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I just installed a Fresh Copy of MyBB (YAY!) (MyBB 1.4.13) and well, after the installer finished I clicked view my forum and it brought me to a page that had just a white space. I'm currently trying to solve the problem on my own but figured I should post here in case someone can help me save some time.

Also, I DO NOT want to post the URL yet. So I have reported this post with the URL in it so staff can see it. All I ask is that your not passing this URL around, etc. Want to keep it private-ish for now.
When I look at the index I get:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<!-- start: index -->

<!-- end: index -->
I remember getting that when I was creating a theme and trying to view a template but did not had the permission to view it. I am not sure what could of gone wrong, you told me it was a fresh install. It could be the .htaccess file or your host has to add you on the whitelist. Try those two, if that isn't the case you could try to do a reinstall might be a fluke?
I already checked the .htaccess file and it seemed okay.

And it's on my VPS which is running several other MyBB forums no problem...

I'll try just reinstalling it without a fresh upload. See if it works.
Just Reinstalled and the same thing happened....Don't really want to reupload cause I have a crappy connection that will take a few hours Sad
Sad, I would suggest trying to reupload. You can PM me your FTP access and I can upload it for you within seconds.
ok but before we try that...just took a look at the themes area (i can access acp fine) and noticed that its the themes that are screwed up

Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 779 - File: admin/modules/style/themes.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/style/themes.php 779 errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 381 require

master style failed to import....i tried importing a fresh copy of t he default theme but it didnt work
Ahah so I was right with the theming part Toungue. I remember having that issue too when I broke the master style for New Era. Anyways back to topic, all I can recommend is:

-Clean your database
-Reupload a clean copy
-Try to install

Let's see how that goes, it could of been a fluke. Maybe something funny happened with the installer when it was installing the default style.
k, I'll PM you FTP details.
I uploaded the new files, give it a try.
That worked. Thanks Bob.
Seems your ./install/resources/mybb_theme.xml file was missing or corrupted if no themes or templates installed.