MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: An Idea...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok This idea I think could be beneficial, but it would have to be a plugin so I don't know if it would happen but hey it's worth a shot.

I think MyBB should have an extra space in the Support Forums when your creating a thread. This extra field should be just like the message box, only you would post things like user accounts, passwords, urls, etc. So the staff would be able to see it but not the public.

I think this would be beneficial because an user could have this stuff ready, post it in there so if the staff required it, it was ready but the public couldn't use it. Would save a lot of time and be nifty/handy.

Thoughts?
Most people in all honesty will simply overlook this. Besides that, iirc the board guidelines specifically state that you should include your URL.

Even then most users will simply PM you their URL if you need it. I just don't think this will make a huge difference really.
I'm talking about all secure information though.

I think It could help speed up response times...
Still comes back to my first point, people will simply ignore it or not notice it.
If people don't wish to publish their board URL they are usually hiding warez and if not I just ask them to PM it to me and then add the URL to the thread notes (not that staff often read thread notes). I don't think it's an issue that often.
Well for instance, I'm starting a new site and I'm having a MyBB related issue. I don't want to post the URL for public yet. What I did was report the post with the URL, that way all staff could see it. I'm just saying that with what I'm suggesting, it could save me that extra step, and maybe alot of other people.
Well personally I don't see the big deal of just putting it in the post if it's eventually going to be public. It's not like people are going to track down your support thread to see what sites your starting. Plus in the long run it helps your SEO Toungue.
I can only see this as an useful thing. Would be a life saver for support forums. For example you run a support forum for your hosting company and the user can attach their FTP/cPanel details that can only be seen by staff. Now the hosting company is a bad example as you should have access to your clients cPanel Toungue But still an great idea.
I would be very surprised if anyone used it.
Maybe instead have a BBCode like [private], that only shows up to staff. The string is replaced with You must be staff to see this (or something) when someone other than the OP or staff is viewing the thread.
Pages: 1 2