MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What would be the best/easiest way to integrate wordpress users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am making my website that will have the forum added to it via wordpress mu with buddypress. I have a problem though. I need to integrate the users, and neither of the wordpress mybb mods will do what I want. :p

I already have a forum set up, and it has been around a while. So somehow I need to integrate users, login, and registration. How would you suggest I go about this?

For login I was thinking just hacking wordpress to use the users from the mybb database. But I don't know how hard that would be. I suppose I should look at it. Login I have no idea what to do. :p And Registration I would probably just modify the buddypress registration script so that it sent the data to the mybb database. That would only work though if it was easy to make wordpress pull data from the mybb user table rather than it's own.

Anyways, thought I would look for suggestions in this. Anyone know where I should start?
(2010-06-20, 12:02 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]...Anyone know where I should start?

Hi HolyPhoenix,
Existing users might be the hardest part, Wordpress users info is split into two different db tables.
Preparing to answer your question helped me find this, and I hope it is as good as the text claims. Smile
Quote:This tutorial explains step by step how to integrate Wordpress into any existing website you may have. It doesn't matter what CMS, style, or layout you are working with. This video will show you how to integrate a Wordpress blog into your website in under 10 minutes!

I'm dropping everything else to try it now; Let's race to see who gets it working first...
http://vimeo.com/8472219

Update:
EDIT: The video will help with html/CSS, but NOT any / all CMS's
lol, but I don't have time yet to go through this! :p it's almost dinner time. But I will do my best to get it done later. Let me know how it works.
(2010-06-20, 01:18 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]lol, but I don't have time yet to go through this! :p it's almost dinner time. But I will do my best to get it done later. Let me know how it works.

I'm slowly dropping everything else Toungue + I hope it works, will update l8r.
hmmm... tutorial won't really work for me. But it might give me enough info to get it to work.
(2010-06-20, 12:35 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:This tutorial explains step by step how to integrate Wordpress into any existing website you may have. It doesn't matter what CMS...

(2010-06-20, 03:14 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... tutorial won't really work for me. But it might give me enough info to get it to work.
It does matter what CMS...
That tutorial won't work with Drupal (for example) Dodgy

I hope it is as good as the text claims.
Not!
HolyPhoenix, it looked good until I took the time to watch it.
##

Let's start over:
(2010-06-20, 12:02 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]...somehow I need to integrate users, login, and registration. How would you suggest I go about this?

If (login / registration is done at Wordpress) {
send the data to this @your_MyBB_forum -->Welcome to the MyBB Integrator / MyBB SDK / MyBB API
}
The main issue with that idea is Wordpress registration doesn't collect much info, so you might need custom fields...
...and custom links to integrate password updates, email updates, sig updates, avatar, ect.

// Complete integration isn't easy, which is why the description of that video looked exciting.

Good luck...