MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.4.11 to 1.4.13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.4.11 to 1.4.13 using the upgrader. I read the documentation concerning upgrades, but can't figure out yet why it isn't working. I know I have to upgrade to 1.4.12 first, so I tried the following:

I copied the files from 1.4.12 first into a folder named Upload in the root of my forum (near the admin, inc, jscripts folders) and tried to run the install/upgrade.php. It makes the upgrade, but it says that I succesfully upgraded to 1.4.11 instead of 1.4.12. So I figure I'm doing something wrong.

Can you please help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.
Make sure you've uploaded all the files in /install/resources. Also make sure you choose your correct version from the dropdown.
You can go straight to 1.4.13, you just need to use the full 1.4.13 package. They have to overwrite the current files, you don't upload them separately... Undecided
Thank you for your replies.

MattRogowsky, if I overwrite my current files, won't all the changes of the layout that I made(colours, etc) be overwritten, too?
No, it won't do any of that. The only thing you won't want to overwrite is ./inc/settings.php. You can't just upload the files to a different location, the point of changing files is that the forum needs these new files to work properly.
(2010-06-20, 11:20 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, it won't do any of that. The only thing you won't want to overwrite is ./inc/settings.php. You can't just upload the files to a different location, the point of changing files is that the forum needs these new files to work properly.

Don't forget ./inc/config.php Toungue
Otherwise you database data will go boom.
Thanks guys. I will try the overwriting method with the 1.4.13 directly.
It also worked Big Grin. Thanks again!