MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Hosting Problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I have really got sick of my host, well okay I have MyBB and Joomla on my host and the other day they told me to remove all the tables in php My Admin for Joomla and Mybb so I did then when I go to my sites front page I see a 404 error, I have contacted them and went into live chat and this is what they said:

Lee: looking at the error logs its showing that something is wrong with one of the joomla plugins which is causing the problems

Me: How can I fix this?

Lee: I honestly have no idea of the top of my head I've never encountered this one before.

Me: Well it's ever since I have removed my tables on php My Admin is there anyway to revert those changes?

Lee: Your account has free weekly backups on it. I can restore a backup of the table taken on the 15th june if you want

Me: Well I imported my database backup but nothing happened, I had still got the same error.

And since then they have not contacted me and I have payed $240 to host yearly, is there anything I can do to do solve this as I feel ripped off?
Honestly saying : Your hosting is either run by kids or Illitrate who dont know what is what and what make things what.

Can u give me URL of your site so that i can figure the problem.
(2010-06-20, 02:49 PM)alirex Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly saying : Your hosting is either run by kids or Illitrate who dont know what is what and what make things what.

Can u give me URL of your site so that i can figure the problem.

http://www.thegamesdistrict.com/index.php
it seems that nothing is there inside public_html ? have u uploaded any file yet ?
Have I got this right, you removed all the database tables for MyBB and Joomla?
(2010-06-20, 03:16 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Have I got this right, you removed all the database tables for MyBB and Joomla?

Yes they told me to.
I can't understand why they would tell you to do that. That means you've deleted all your users, posts, threads and well everything.

Are your files still there?

If it were me I'd take my files and database and find a new host, they're obviously incompetent.
(2010-06-20, 03:44 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I can't understand why they would tell you to do that. That means you've deleted all your users, posts, threads and well everything.

Are your files still there?

If it were me I'd take my files and database and find a new host, they're obviously incompetent.

Yes but then I will need to go and pay again when I have only been with them for 4 months. I have tried to import my database although it still brings the error.
Importing the database won't fix a 404 error. You'll need to put the files back.
A 404 means a file is missing, has no relation to a database at all.