MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What would you want in a theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to be making a MyBB theme (and this time actually finishing it :p), and I need opinions on it.

I want to know what you want from the theme. I want this theme to take the best ideas and combine them into the ultimate forum skin.

Once I have the final ideas down, I will be sketching rough drafts and stuff. This theme will be planned out to the last pixel :p

Ideas:
  • Different Color Schemes (not necessarily a color changer, just different options)
  • Instead of images for icons such as "New Thread" and "Reply" etc, they would be text controlled by CSS.
  • Of course, cross browser compatibility and xHTML/CSS valid
  • Fluid or Fixed?
  • Maybe add some on-page SEO elements? (Like header tags)
  • Customized Header/Footer - What do you want to see in it?
  • Should support be offered for vertical and horizontal postbit? While choice is good, I feel I could do more with just vertical.
I'm actually working on a theme that has the "new thread" as CSS. It works well and looks good.

Maybe some jQuery to show/hide elements so that your default look looks clean but you can still access the necessary functions with jQuery Slides, etc.