MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Privacy of posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are a variety of ways to hide forums

Admin CP->Manage Forums->Edit Forum
"Forum Is Active?" will hide the forum from everyone (including admins) on the main index page
"Forum Is Open?" will show the forum is the person can see it but is closed for posting

Admin CP->Manage Forums->Edit Permissions
You can specift which usergroups can View a forum. I think this is what you want. Change the tick boxes to off for the usergroups you don't want to see the forum.

If you want some more sophistacted blocking, you might want to look into htaccess to block the spiders. Type "htaccess block spiders" into your search engine of choice Smile
Your right I just tested it, Please verify that you saved your setting in the AdminCP to let unregistered user post.
You can do this by:
Admin CP-> Manage Forums -> Edit Permissions
[Image: guest.jpg]
Thanks Christian - appreciate it.....

NOW - I just went and got this message!

The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy.

Uh oh - what does that mean? Does it mean that I have used up my space or that too many people are using at once????

*I try to stay calm*

Heloo there

that's a server related problem
it's likely you maximun load limit has been reached, it's just that the hosting company or if they have limited one for you has reached the limit. and yes it is because of big number or users, or many operation on that server are loaded

regards
thanks very much zaher - its back - the tech folks at Hostbaby are awesome too!

*big sigh of relief*
If this happens again go to your Admin-CP -> Board Settings -> Edit -> Server and Optimization Options -> *NIX Load Limiting and change the setting to fit your needs.
Thanks Michael!

I am now going to search for avatar needs - one of my members can't upload her image (gif 12kb) and I don't know how yet...

here's to learning!
Hey there

well to change all the avatar setting pls go to

Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > User Registration and Profile Options

change the Maximum Avatar Dimensions and Max Uploaded Avatar Size ( by default it is 10)

many regards
Pages: 1 2