MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pluck bridge for MyBB.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering, but could someone make a bridge for PluckCMS to work for MyBB?
Why not use WordPress or Joomla?
Because I like having more options than that.
Pluk seems to be very basic and when I was testing it I was only able to create a page and a blog. Nothing else.
Joomla's bloat and huge, drupals over complicated. Pluck looks pretty good.
(2010-07-05, 01:45 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Pluk seems to be very basic and when I was testing it I was only able to create a page and a blog. Nothing else.

Yes. Just because you would prefer not to use it, doesn't mean other won't want to either.
So use WordPress and get WordBB. You can also create blog posts, pages, etc with WordPress.
ROFL

Currently there is no bridge for pluck of any sort. partially because pluck isn't used all that often. It wouldn't be too super hard to create though since Pluck is so small. You might even be able to easily search through all of the files and change any parts where it sends a query to the user database and change it to send it to the mybb user database. Then add any necessary fields that don't exist in mybb that are needed in pluck to the mybb database. There are several different pieces of software out there that will let you search a whole script for a single piece of code. That would be handy in this case.
I'd go with WordPress over any of the other CMSs honestly. It probably has the best selection of integration modules available.