MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why do I black out when I stand up fast?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does this happen to anyone else? For instance if I'm in the bath tub or on the couch and I stand up really fast without thinking about it I "black out" and my vision goes dark for 6-10 seconds. Is there something wrong with me? Confused
No, blood is rushing to your head making you unstable Toungue.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-head-rush.htm
Man, I thought I was a freak for a while. I am glad this is normal xP
I can't get that to work. Never had anything like that.
It happens to me sometimes as the article says it's not that unusual. Just get up everyone once in awhile and don't get up extremely fast and you should be fine.
I always wondered about that Big Grin I'm not alone.
It's a sign of dehydration.
No it's not.
I would take this situation more seriously than some other people believe, because the delay of 6-10 seconds to recover vision is a sign of a worst situation than a simple "significant decrease in blood pressure". Less than 5 seconds would be normal...

I would suggest you to get your blood pressure examined as soon possible and maybe pass a MRI to see if you do not have any brain problems...

I cases like yours, it is a lot safer to get a proper medical diagnosis the sooner possible, before an unrecoverable situation appear like a stroke...
I get this a lot lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4