MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dossing forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone's treatening to "dos" my forum because I banned him.
He said he'd take my forum offline with a dosser or something.
Is this possible and do I have to believe him?
That's possible, but is forbidden by law.
ok :p
Just because it's forbidden doesn't mean they won't.
You should do this anyway, but you should login to phpmyadmin and export/backup your database. You should do this every day preferably. You should ask your host if they support crontab/cronjobs. These can backup your database automatically every day.

Or you can use emods and these database tools. (1) (2)
I already made a db backup of today after I heard.
I also asked my host the same question as I ded here and they told me they sued anyone that attacked their servers.
decswxaqz Wrote:Just because it's forbidden doesn't mean they won't.
You should do this anyway, but you should login to phpmyadmin and export/backup your database. You should do this every day preferably. You should ask your host if they support crontab/cronjobs. These can backup your database automatically every day.

You guys got me all scared so I have decided to go and install emods and DBTools and DBArchive. Everything went smoothly.

When I started archiving database I received following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /eMods/dbarchive.php on line 348

When I went back and checked DATA ARCHIVE there was already ARCHIVE made. I have decided to try again, and now it went without error and the newly crerated ARCHIVE file was somewhat larger.

Few hours later I have decided to make another back-up. The same error occur. However, the symptom was similar as the one above. ARCHIVE was created. I tried again and it created another ARCHIVE now without error and somewhat larger that when error occured.

What should I do to avoid the error. My server is quite "busy" so there might be some delay in execution time. Is there a way to extend the time of execution so the warning will not be executed, or error is somewhere else.

I would appreciate help.

Tx.

EB
That would happen when you have a really large database, it can't be backed up in time.
You should open dbarchive.php and after <?php put
ini_set('max_execution_time', 60);
If you still get an error, then change 60 to a higher number. It represents the number of seconds to allow a script to run.
There's also a function called set_time_limit:
http://php.net/set_time_limit