MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help me, I need a TON of help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I accidentally deleted all my forums a few days ago then I tried to get them back through my hosting website with no luck. Then a person at my hosting site suggested myphpadmin so I set up a password through myphp, I guess I must have had one already because now I can't get back into my forum website until I change the pass word in a "connection string" somewhere.

Here is the message I get when I try to access my forum

MySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user 'forum48'@'72.167.131.106' (using password: YES)
Query:

If someone could help me I would SO appreciate it, also if someone could help me restore a backup that I have from about 6 months ago I would appreciate that also. I can't tell you the exact version that I have because I can't access anything right now but I do know that it's a 1.2. maybe 1.2.12 I'm not positive, I never updated it because that one always worked well for me and I didn't want to "break" anything. Angel

Please please please help me get my forums back to normal. Blush

link to my forums should be www.boomfox.com/forum Thanks for any help you can provide. Blush
Ok, here is the version that I have for some reason I saved it, probably for when I screwed up at some point. Smile

MyBB version: 1.2.12 PHP version: 5.2.5
You just need to change the password in ./inc/config.php

Find:
$config['database']['password']

And update your password.
Restore your MyBB 1.2.x by uploading MyBB 1.2 and hooking the old database to it, than upgrade to 1.4. Read http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading for upgrading instructions.
Thanks AJS, I had to get my husband to help me and he figured it all out, well I did tell him he had to change the password though. Smile Anyway, it's back and that's what's important. Thanks for answering. :-)
Bob if I upgrade will it change my board in anyway?
Yes, 1.4.x brought new features and such. All your threads, posts and users will be fine. 1.2.x is not as secure as 1.4.x Smile
First you should open ./inc/class_core.php and check what version your running (there should be a $version variable declaration) then download a fresh copy of that version from http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions and once you have your site running then upgrade it to 1.4 as 1.2 is nolonger supported. Some of your plugins won't work and your theme may be incompatible but most plugins and themes have been upgraded to 1.4 by now.
(2010-06-22, 08:29 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]First you should open ./inc/class_core.php and check what version your running (there should be a $version variable declaration) then download a fresh copy of that version from http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions and once you have your site running then upgrade it to 1.4 as 1.2 is nolonger supported. Some of your plugins won't work and your theme may be incompatible but most plugins and themes have been upgraded to 1.4 by now.

Thanks Guys, I'll try to get my hub to do an upgrade for me..I'm pretty good at maintaining a board(and screwing one up Angel) also at doing my own changes etc but the upgrading part worries me so I'll let him do it. Toungue