MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Way?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Does anyone know of a great tutorial those shows how to do this with shadows (in Photoshop)?...

[Image: 54U8]

If you could point me to it, please let me know. Smile

Thank you in advance.
My first guess:
make a layer w/ black rectangle slightly smaller than the frame
Use ellipse selection tool to delete part of it
Gaussian blur filter @ about 4-6 px
change opacity to ~50-75%
stick the layer under the frame one
This is a very simple effect i used on one of my themes there are no curves in this at all just get one half sized boxe rotate slightly apply Gaussian blur until it looks just right and lower the opacity and then duplicate and flip horizontally. I could be wrong but oh well, you can view how i used it here http://crunchdesigns.deviantart.com/#/d2r0y00.
(2010-06-22, 11:14 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]My first guess:
make a layer w/ black rectangle slightly smaller than the frame
Use ellipse selection tool to delete part of it
Gaussian blur filter @ about 4-6 px
change opacity to ~50-75%
stick the layer under the frame one

I'll try that and let you know how it turns out. Smile

(2010-06-22, 11:21 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very simple effect i used on one of my themes there are no curves in this at all just get one half sized boxe rotate slightly apply Gaussian blur until it looks just right and lower the opacity and then duplicate and flip horizontally. I could be wrong but oh well, you can view how i used it here http://crunchdesigns.deviantart.com/#/d2r0y00.

Could you explain more? I don't get what you mean by "get one half sized boxe...".
I've tried Firestryke's technique only using 100% drop shadow and higher spread, and it yields pretty much the same results. I used a specific size ellipse (10px high, same w as shadow part), then aligned it and used the magic selector to delete it from the shadow.
Thank you Firestryke31, your tutorial was easiest to follow, and my results are very close.
Lol I didn't even open Photoshop, that was just off the top of my head. I should stop underestimating myself...