MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Branding Free Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ohh Smile
(2010-06-24, 01:20 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Paid support is a hard one. Then you screw the community over, unless you hire people. Which MyBB cannot do.
^This
I don't know if he's looking for dedicated paid support though either. Just the option of getting support without a copyright. He never said anything about dedicated support.
(2010-06-24, 04:47 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if he's looking for dedicated paid support though either. Just the option of getting support without a copyright. He never said anything about dedicated support.

I was commenting on what Labrocca said.
(2010-06-24, 04:47 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if he's looking for dedicated paid support though either. Just the option of getting support without a copyright. He never said anything about dedicated support.

Not looking for dedicated support.

I'm comfortable with putting in the sweat equity, I just don't want to launch five communities and find I'm excluded from support forums, tickets, whatever.

All I'm interested in is going live with the MyBB forum script without any copyright notices. I comfortable with paying for that privilege.

As of this moment from what I understand I can launch without branding but I will not get any support. To me that means support from anywhere and that's a deal killer.
I'm not sure but I think Ryan Gordon posted something about this not so long ago.
I believe he said that it costs 60 USD to remove the copyright from the footer. I don't know if this still applies though...
That was back when we had a custom license and not under gpl. You weren't allowed to remove the copyright for any reason back then.
Under GPL, dont we have to give all users the same rights?
Why isn't a manager of MyBB replying to this?
I don't think he comes on the forums much Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7