MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed Poster 7.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
It's only posts very last feed of source. I tried manualy run the task but it didnt change anything.

feed url: http://www.marmarismanset.com/rss/haber/marmaris_1.xml
New version
Version 6.0
!Solved issue with feeds not getting posted. It turns out the post flood code check was enabled. Disabled and also added a task log debug line in case a thread does not get posted
+Feed posts now use the feed date as forum post date
Thanks!
Have had a couple of issues..

Many feeds never start posting... Perhaps not an issue with the plugin... Is it built to work with feedburner links and such?

And,

Is it normal to have a feed "injecting" retro-dated threads? I've used the plugin for years and haven't noticed it before, though just updated today.
Yes I changed that behavior based on users requests to match the date of the feed item.

I haven't tested feedburner links but should work with standard rss/atom based feeds
Okay, thanks for your reply.

Is there any way to turn retro-dating off? The posts are getting buried in the past instead of popping up to the top as the threads come through.

And,

Is it common for some feeds to just not work? It seems somehow random, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If a feed works, it works... it starts up and goes fine. Then other feeds just will never start posting on the forum.
Anyway to turn off this retro-posting? It's quite terrible, all of the posts are getting inserted several pages back instead of showing at the top...
Not at the moment you would have to edit the code. And remove the lines that uses the feed date
(2019-03-11, 03:35 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]Not at the moment you would have to edit the code. And remove the lines that uses the feed date

No problem, can you tell me which lines need to be removed? I have several feeds that have posted 50+ threads but I haven't seen even one of them because they're inserted 5 pages back. This is a very bizarre setup.
inc/tasks/rssfeedposter
								if (!empty($context['feeditems'][$i]['feeddate']))
								{
									$db->write_query("
								UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts SET dateline = '" . $context['feeditems'][$i]['feeddate'] . "'
								WHERE pid = $pid");

update_forum_lastpost($feed['fid']);
								/*
									$db->write_query("
								UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."forums SET lastpost = '" . $context['feeditems'][$i]['feeddate'] . "'
								WHERE fid = " . $feed['fid']);
								*/

}
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31