MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a little help finishing off Tweet to Twitter plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm looking through it now, but if you want to take a look too, I'm attaching a copy
Found this on line 124. Maybe need to use doCall as the function?

private function doCall($url, $aParameters = array(), $authenticate = false, $usePost = true)

EDIT: Nope, it's not doCall
Change update to updateStatus
I just did and posted. Seems to have worked, but Twitter is over capacity and I cant see if it posted to Twitter. As soon as I can look I'll let you know.

If it works, do you want to post the plugin and take credit for it?
Sure would love to! I wanted to make this too! Maybe add some more twitter stuff too
It did post the firt time AI tried it, but not formatted quite right. I tried a second post and got this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TwitterException' with message 'Bad Gateway' in /home/truth/public_html/class.twitter.php:229 Stack trace: #0 /home/truth/public_html/class.twitter.php(648): Twitter->doCall('statuses/update...', Array, true) #1 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/testplugin.php(46): Twitter->updateStatus('[23 Jun]Testing...') #2 /home/truth/public_html/inc/class_plugins.php(101): twitterfeed_addthread('') #3 /home/truth/public_html/newthread.php(431): pluginSystem->run_hooks('twitterfeed_add...', Array) #4 {main} thrown in /home/truth/public_html/class.twitter.php on line 229
Bad Gateway sounds like a network error. Wondering if it cause of twitter high load or something?
That's what I'm thinking. Is there any way to make the plugin redirect back to the posted thread on Twitter error?

And, once it is working and you're happy with it too, go ahead and put your name on it and submit it. I really appreciate your help in getting this working!
Post again what you have so far with the plugin I will add expection handling
I will also add some settings for the plugin to specify a username and password so you don't have to hardcode them in the script.
(2010-06-23, 04:07 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]I will also add some settings for the plugin to specify a username and password so you don't have to hardcode them in the script.

Awesome, I had not even thought about that, but I believe that creating those options as Admin configs will have lots of people installing your plugin!
Oh, by the way, one more thing that should probably be added is to allow private forums to be excluded from posting to Twitter
(2010-06-23, 04:12 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-23, 04:07 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]I will also add some settings for the plugin to specify a username and password so you don't have to hardcode them in the script.

Awesome, I had not even thought about that, but I believe that creating those options as Admin configs will have lots of people installing your plugin!
Oh, by the way, one more thing that should probably be added is to allow private forums to be excluded from posting to Twitter

Got the plugin done for 1st version.
Pages: 1 2 3