MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on PgSQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here run MyBB on a PostgreSQL database?
I am unsure whether I should use it in a production environment - I'd like to but dunno how thoroughly it's been tested and used.

Cheers.
Why not use MySQL? It has been tested on MySQL, thus for a production environment, MySQL would be best. Smile
Use MySQL for MyBB/PHP. Stick to SQLite / PostgreSQL for your own (non-PHP) projects.
Personal preference is all, I prefer PgSQL, and the CMS I'm bridging with is using PgSQL, though it can bridge with MyBB regardless of the type of database it would probably be better for performance if both were using PgSQL.
I prefer anything over MySQL too, but with most PHP apps, you simply don't have any choice. They are primarily made for MySQL, primarily tested with MySQL, it's what everyone uses, it's what works with PHP/MyBB.

Use PostgreSQL if you like - don't expect it to be problem free or performant. I tested MyBB with PostgreSQL only very shortly and found so many problems, that I decided it can't possibly be used for a hassle free production environment.

See dev.mybb.com for reports on postgresql / pgsql, for example http://dev.mybb.com/issues/856. The real problem isn't the obvious errors though, but the queries that execute fine but yield different results compared to MySQL.