MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Video Embeds Stopped Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My install is 1.4 and all plugins are up to date. Everything was working fine yesterday. They today I take a look and all the embeds are displaying code and not the video. I was checking out some settings yesterday and may have changed something by mistake, and not realized that had happened. Can someone help me please!

Thank you.
Link or more info? Preferably both. Smile
Did you accidentally uninstall / deactivate or delete the plugin or MyCode for the embedder ?
(2010-06-24, 12:02 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Link or more info? Preferably both. Smile

Thanks, AJS. I'd rather give you as much info as I can without having to post the link. Please let me know what exactly would be helpful. If you think it is absolutely necessary that I provide you with the link, then I will. Sorry for the privacy request, but it is because the content may be objectionable to some.

Edit: I don't mind sending you the URL in private if you think you can help. I appreciate every bit of support I can get.

(2010-06-24, 12:02 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Did you accidentally uninstall / deactivate or delete the plugin or MyCode for the embedder ?

Hi trilobyte. I didn't know the embedder is a plugin. I didn't see an embedder plugin and I am pretty sure I didn't delete one. The changes I made to the just before embeds stopped working have to do with server optimization settings under configuration settings.

There was one other thing that I did just this morning. I hadn't set google seo plugin to redirect old url's. I enabled this setting. Please let me know if there is any other info that you need.

Thank you
Are they displaying mycode tags or the URL to the video. If displaying the URL's, then it is a plugin, probably the automedia one, and you'll want make sure the settings are correct in Configuration Settings. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall it.
(2010-06-24, 03:23 PM)Ajita Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, AJS. I'd rather give you as much info as I can without having to post the link. Please let me know what exactly would be helpful. If you think it is absolutely necessary that I provide you with the link, then I will. Sorry for the privacy request, but it is because the content may be objectionable to some.

Edit: I don't mind sending you the URL in private if you think you can help. I appreciate every bit of support I can get.

PM me the link if you like. Wink

What were you using to embed the videos?

MyCode (e.g. [youtube]) or a plugin? Or do you have html enabled?
This thread is resolved.

AJS helped me see that HTML had been turned off on some of the forums, which was causing these forums to stop displaying the video player. Thank you everyone for your help!
Heart