MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] - MySql Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forums got deleted but i got a Mysql backup can someone tell me how to do the backup,
i asked my mate to do Mysql User/pass ete on config.default when i open there is nothing there.
how do i get it backedup so i aint lost everthing?
Thanks
Do you have an SQL of your forum? Your post is quite confusing.
PhpmyAdmin the backup of that.
I came here to ask exactly the same question but this is the first thread I saw. So I would also like to know how this works.
What he means is that he's got a backup created in the Admin CP, now his forum is down and he wants to load the backup so everthing is back to normal.
(2010-06-25, 02:29 PM)Ellusoft Wrote: [ -> ]I came here to ask exactly the same question but this is the first thread I saw. So I would also like to know how this works.
What he means is that he's got a backup created in the Admin CP, now his forum is down and he wants to load the backup so everthing is back to normal.
Yeh that, Thanks mate, Hope some one can help use
Simply import it via phpmyadmin Smile
You need to log into PHPMyAdmin and "import" the backup. You may need to re-create the database and user (The same way you did when you installed MyBB) then import it.

You do not need to edit config.default.php as that is a file that does nothing, you need to edit config.php.
i'm going thew mybb installation wizard and it's asking me for my Database Server Hostname: what do i add there, since i imported MySql Backup to PhPMyAdmin i think that what i need to do.
Please help
thanks
OK, I don't think we will get far using this thread to help you, I will send a PM your way and try to help you through live communication
I helped Cameron with the following
  • Moving forums to the root of his site
  • Installing MyShoutBox
  • Importing the backup
  • Installing a theme

This problem is now solved Smile